Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Catching Up





Finally I am taking the time to write about all the Callaway Happenings. A lot has happened since I last posted. The holidays were GREAT! For Christmas the Patch family joined the Callaways in Colorado. Deb's parents Anthony and Carol Patch and her sister, Sarabeth joined stayed at Ed and Cindys home. (picture posted above) It was a sweet time to get to know the Patches better. They are a very positive, outgoing, and fun family. Madison took Carol as another Grandma and enjoyed playing, reading, and ice skating with her.

The Kerr side of our family had a blast with all the kids. My Dad made the girls a doll house and the boys toy boxes. M and C love the doll house and I love it because they will enjoy it for a long time when the outgrow playing with dolls they can use it as a bookshelf!

My recycled gifts for the girls were a big hit. I purchases a box of gently used Care bears for Madison and she was thrilled! Caroline is still having a ball with the doll station I got at a yard sale. The cleaned up picnic table turned into an art table still gets used daily and the easel usually displays a bible verse on the chalk board and Madison paints on the other side every opportunity she gets. I got both the table and easel for free and spent very little to clean them up. It was very exciting to reuse items and give as gifts to the girls.

Well thats Christmas, plenty for now soon I will write about birthdays and New Years!

2 comments:

Liz McCoy said...

looks like you had a blast lately :) thanks for the update!

Tisha said...

Nice to see you again Kim! Love the pictures and the update. Can't wait to hear more : )