Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"Mom, are you tired?"

“Mom, are you tired?” was Madison’s response to me getting on her a little loudly- ok yelling. I really try hard to discipline her calmly especially when i'm tired. This lesson really set in awhile back when M and C were playing in the living room. C started crying and I went in asking, “What happened?” M responded, “ I KICK her.” “M we do not kick go sit in timeout.” I consoled C. Then went to see M. Again “M. we never kick sister.” She lovingly put both little hands on my cheeks, “Mommy, I not KICK her I KISS her. She was crying and I was loving her.” “I'm so sorry I misunderstood you, Madison.” I was so thankful I had not yelled and got mad at her, but rather calmly disciplined her.

Ok, dog update. No dog. I have admit I'm not sad. We went to Firestone, CO to meet Molly, a beautiful Chesapeake Bay Retriever, 10 months old, and untrained! The last part is why we passed. She was just a little too much right now, in size and behavior. I guess we are still on the search.

No comments: