Monday, July 14, 2008

Another Good Day, only different


One huge thing I have learned while being a mom is don't look at success as getting lots of things accomplished. Before I had kids I was a major multi-task er. I could get lots done for myself and for others. Then when I became a stay at home mom one month before Madison was born I tried to get myself to slow down. Not an easy thing for me. I was always rushing and rushing to get lots done, but little kids don't always allow you to rush. So I continue to enjoy the moment, to not keep a to-do-list, to walk into the store at a very slow pace with a one year old holding my hand.

So today was a very slow day. I got up at 6:30 to make breakfast for Jason and saw him off then climbed back in bed. Caroline woke up at 8:00, Madison shortly after. Drove the girls to grandmas and I headed for the gym to embark on a new adventure.... swimming. I have always wanted to swim during my pregnancies so since this will probably be the last baby I thought I better start preparing since the plan is to get pg in the Fall. So I took a fitness swim class. LOVED IT! The instructor worked with each student with where they are at. I learned so much and may even have a new favorite work out. Came home hung clothes on the line and picked up a little. Strolled to Grandma just took my time and prayed. Picked up two very happy girls strolled home with them. Smelled flowers, stepped on aunt hills, picked up sticks, you know turned a 10 minute walk into a 30 minute walk. Ate lunch. Everyone took a 2 hour nap. Woke up to enjoy homemade Popsicles. I folded clothes outside and the girls played. Jason took the girls to Home Depot. Enjoyed only warming up a yummy supper exchange meal (thank you, Heather). Played outside some more. I put Caroline to bed while Madison and Jason made chocolate chip cookies. Jason, Madison, and I ate cookies on the desk. Madison is now in bed and I am thankful to reflect on another good day. I love my life. Thank you, Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow Kim. I feel peaceful just reading your posts. You are such a good Mom. If you haven't read my comment below, I got your blog address from April. Mine is www.thedrew-crew.blogspot.com. It has been so nice to read and catch up on your cute family. That is so exciting that you are planning to have a baby next year. We are welcoming our third in March! These are definitely exciting times.

Love,
Rachel