Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thankful to be a Mom

It was a very sweet day. Jason got up with Caroline at 7:30 and I got to sleep in until 7:45. She couldn't stand not seeing me so J finally let her crawl up the stairs into our bedroom and I had the pleasure of her getting me out of bed. Madison woke shortly after and we headed to the dining room to find all my homemade gifts. Jason and the girls painted flower pots, made garden decorations, and put together a beautiful photo album, and a wonderful card. These were wonderful but what I enjoyed the most was being reminded I am a blessed woman with an amazing family. I loved being surrounded by excellent moms- my mom, my sisters, and my mother-in-law. I loved the many hugs and Happy Mother's Day greeting I received from Madison. I loved this day.

We headed to fellowship where I was around many wonderful moms and was wished a very Happy Mother's Day by many. We came home to prepare for a house full. Jason's parents and all of my family. The men prepared the menu and food and served all of us ladies. It was so fun. James brought the moms spectacular bouquets. The kids played at the water table and in the sand box. They are all getting so big and play so well together. Even Caroline and Novalee loved sitting on a blanket with one another.

After everyone let I realized I forgot to give my mom something so Madison and I walked to her house. As we sat and visited Madison almost fell asleep on Grandma's lap and was so tired she convinced me to let her stay there and take a nap. Grandma was into it so I walked home alone then when back to pick her up after nap time- ha ha nap time she laid down for 30 min. then convinced Grandma to play. I should of known. Oh well they had fun.

The best part of the day was being reminded that I am a mom- how sweet it is.

No comments: